Air pollution in the UK is at an all time high and is attributed to be the cause of a high number of deaths each year. One of the main contributory factors to this poor air quality is the use of highly polluting diesel and petrol vehicles used in our urban areas . Yet we have the solution with Electric Vehicles (EVs) which don’t emit anything.
Electric vehicle technology has largely overcome early challenges so implementing these new, emission free technologies offers a highly visible, economical and sustainable solution.
Uptake of EVs has been relatively slow, due in some part to misconceptions such as limited range (known as range anxiety) however EVs are no longer ‘milk floats’ and can now outperform their petrol/diesel counterparts.
Chargers make EVs feasible as 95% of all journeys are less than 25 miles. Most EVs will drive 110 plus miles on a single charge. Wouldn’t you choose an EV if you could charge every time you park?
The EV market is one of growth, there are currently 155,000 plug in cars and 5,500 plug in vans. Predictions are that this figure will exceed 1 million within 2 years as range in terms of choice and in terms of distance both increase.
However there is a chronic shortage of charging points to meet this demand with only 16,500 rapid chargers currently which equates to 43 EV’s for every charger - that’s a shortfall of 83%
Why Choose Our Solution?
As EV’s benefit society there are generous financial incentives, plus other benefits which gives organisations the impetus to get involved:
- Workplace charging scheme - £500 max grant per socket from OLEV
- 100% first year allowance for electric charge-point equipment and electric vehicles
- Full service offering
- Flexible commercial terms
- Increase employee satisfaction
- Attract and retain top talent by providing EV charging points to your team
- Easily manage fleet and employee usage
- Improve your sustainability rating
- Reduce running costs to your fleet
- We are agnostic so provide you with charging points that suit your needs
- Easy to use reporting system
Why do we Need Charging Points?
Incentives for Employees
- No Road fund licence
- Save money on fuel
- Exempt from congestion charge (in big cities)
- Save money on servicing
- O% BIK for zero emission vehicles
|Petrol Ford Focus||Electric Nissan Leaf||Additional Costs based on 12000 miles per year|
|Cost of purchase||£18,000||£21,000|
|Cost per mile||£0.16||£0.08||12000||£960|
|Company Tax Charge||£3,000||£0||£3,000|
|All costings are approximate and for illustration purposes only||£4,190|
N.B This could also include savings on congestion charges where applicable