Want to know how to improve Air Quality in your local community?
How does it work?
Electric Blue provide drivers with a fully licensed and insured electric taxi (e-Taxi) either Hackney or Private Hire to rent at highly competitive rates and with flexible terms. We fit the e-Taxi with vehicle tematics to enable tracking and monitoring of driver usage patterns, which allows us to provide accurate real world comparisons to a driver’s current vehicle. Thus setting the expectations for the benefits a taxi driver would gain by converting to electric.
The reliability of the charging infrastructure is imperative for any EV driver, even more so for a taxi as their income is dependent on time on the road, so they want to know that a charger is always going to be operational. Electric Blue will provide and manage Rapid Vehicle charging point or points in appropriate locations - Rapid chargers typically give an 80% charge in just 20 minutes, enough time for a cup of tea or some lunch so no lost time.
For many people driving an EV is too much of an unknown and in the taxi arena drivers often haven’t been in an EV and aren’t aware of the benefits and how feasible it is. This offers a try before you buy with the opportunity to step out of their current petrol or diesel vehicle and try a fully licenced e-taxi from Electric Blue for a couple of weeks to see if they can be converted to a new way of thinking. We use either the Nissan leaf (private hire) or the ADV Dynamo (Hackney) which are already being used as taxis in some areas.
For drivers taking part in the scheme training is provided so they know how to operate the vehicles and EV charge points, with Electric Blue remaining on hand to support throughout the trial.
- Directly engage with drivers with fully licensed & insured rental taxis to demonstrate, educate and raise awareness
- Provide evidence for the council, the taxi industry and the public that Electric Vehicles (EVs) work as taxis by disproving misconceptions
- Remove any range anxiety from drivers e-Taxi perception
- Prove e-Taxi Performance – e-Taxis typically outperform petrol/diesel counterparts
- Demonstrate key benefits to as many users as possible
- Business as usual try before you buy
- Short and longer term trials available